Interesting Facts about Prescott
- In 1985, Arizona Highways magazine proclaimed Prescott "Everybody's Hometown"
- Virgil Earp, Wyatt Earp's brother, ran a sawmill in Prescott in the mid-1800s
- Movie star Tom Mix appeared in several movies that showcased Prescott's scenic mountains
- In 1863, the first 73 lots in downtown Prescott sold for an average of $53.50 per lot
- Prescott was the capital of Arizona from 1864 to 1867, and again from 1877 to 1887
- The fire of 1900 nearly destroyed all businesses in downtown Prescott?
- Lynx Creek was the richest stream bed in Arizona, yielding $2 million in gold?
Stay current about what's happening in Prescott Arizona real estate
, Prescott Valley AZ real Estate, Chino Valley AZ Real Estate and all surrounding areas in our local real estate market by receiving complimentary email notifications when any homes or new listings come on the market. Please fill out the following form to get set up today.